- Make yoga and strength training a regular part of my workout regime.
- Embrace intuitive eating and food journaling to continue to reform my disordered eating habits and work to lose 15lbs.
- Train for and complete at least 4 races, including 2 of a 10k distance or more.
- Make summer plans that will advance my library career.
- Graduate from my MLIS program in December.
- Choose Master's programs to apply to; begin applications and soliciting letters of reccomendation.
- Gain/improve reading knowledge in at least one foreign language.
- Travel - Visit friends in Pittsburgh, Nashville, and/or Santa Barbara as budget and schedule allow.
- Have my healthiest, happiest year yet!
Since a very young age, I've struggled with disordered and binge eating and being overweight. I've made good progress in the last 9 or so months, but I'd like to keep that momentum going and continue to refine my diet and approach towards food. I've never had a full-blown eating disorder and I've never had a ton of weight to loose, but I'm definitely above where I'd like to be. I know that numbers goals for weight aren't always the best idea, but I don't feel I'm too hung up on the scale. Largely I'd just like to look better in my clothes, maybe loose a pants size and feel healthier. Fifteen pounds would put me at a weight that is healthy for my size and one that I think I could maintain without a huge effort.
As far as school and my career goes, this summer I would like to either apply for an internship at the Library of Congress or elsewhere, or take summer classes to better ensure I will be able to graduate a semester early in December. After I get my MLIS, I'm currently planning on continuing in school to earn my Master's in comparative religions. To that end, I'll eventually need to have reading knowledge in two foreign languages, which means beefing up my high school French and tackling the German for Reading book currently collecting dust on my bookshelf.
Lastly, I want to make time for a few fun things, like visiting some of my friends who have moved away. I've struggled a bit this past year, but I've made some great changes for the better as well. There are still some things I have to get through this year that will be difficult (mainly my unhappiness with my library program and my living situation), but I want to focus and on maximizing the positive aspects of my life as much as possible. With some hard work and few changes, I definitely think I'm poised to have my healthiest year yet!
Back to my day, the toning video I did ended up having a pretty good cardio component, and this is the view out my window, so I nixed the run.
| (I'm not sure if you can tell, but it was snowing at the time) |
I did a quick stretch and some foam rolling before I hopped into a hot shower instead :) Once I got cleaned up and did a few chores, I was ready for lunch. I had leftover black bean burrito deliciousness from last night's dinner. The roasted pepitas really make this dish. Afterward, I followed it up with a juicy (unpictured) pear.
Off to work I go, and then hopefully to an evening hot yoga class if I get out on time. Gotta get my money's worth! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment